Our Moment for Positive Change
To LLamasoft’s extended network of customers, partners, employees and communities where we live and work:
We are at a critical moment in history.
For too long, institutions that were designed to uphold justice for individuals of all backgrounds have failed to provide equitable solutions to Black and African American populations in the United States and disenfranchised populations around the world.
In this new era of social change, silence is compliance. We are committed to ensuring that we join the rest of the world and respond. Our mission of elevating lives and organizations – together with our fundamental values – provides a call to action for us to actively participate in this drive for change.
At LLamasoft, we stand in solidarity with the Black community, our employees, our customers and our partners and we are committed to helping confront these systemic issues head-on. We’re mobilizing to be part of the solution. Together, we can change the world.
There is no place for racism at LLamasoft, and we are actively performing an introspective review of what we can do and are re-evaluating our current core values, expanding them to include tackling the issues of racism, injustice and discrimination.
We are challenging our leaders to think of ways to promote unity, diversity and inclusion with employees at every level of the organization, from the time they apply to work here to the moment they complete their first project to their promotion into a leadership role – and every step of the journey in between.
Our employees have been asked to think deeply about these issues of race and diversity that exist not only in society but within the corporate landscape of technology companies.
This social movement is happening in the present. But these issues of race and discrimination will not go away without the relentless work of everyone inside of our organization continuing long into the future.
Effective immediately, LLamasoft has committed to the following short- and long-term actions:
- Forming a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Taskforce and allocating resources so it can identify and implement actionable items in both the short and long term. Led by members of our Employee Success team, any interested employee is welcome to participate and provide input.
- Establishing focused community relationships with non-profit organizations in our own communities and others that promote social change and empower minorities to achieve success in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The first one being Black Girls CODE. By providing technology education to the community through workshops and after-school programs, Black Girls CODE introduces computer programming lessons to young girls from underrepresented communities. We will also be exploring partnerships with other relevant community organizations.
- Expanding targeted schools for college recruiting, both for permanent positions and internships, to ensure greater candidate diversity and increase employment opportunities for Black and African American students.
- Engaging our employees by creating intentional space and time to discuss topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. One hour per week will be dedicated to an open forum where these subjects can be discussed openly between employees.
- Educating ourselves by creating a forum for sharing educational content, including external speakers, and establishing an employee-run book club for coworkers to share information, personal stories, and ideas and to discuss DEI topics in depth, especially as they relate to the workplace.
- Empowering our employees to exercise their freedom to voice their opinions on the topic. We understand people want to speak out and take action. We stand in solidarity with our employees, customers and partners who take action against systematic racism and injustice.
We are not instituting social change as a company because it is easy. It will require empathy, perseverance, courage and self-reflection. We are doing it because LLamasoft believes in equal opportunities for everyone – regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic that can be used to discriminate.
LLamasoft will take a leadership role in creating change. After gathering good ideas from our own team members and other leaders interested in creating a better world, the actions listed above are just first steps on our journey toward combating racism in the workplace and our industry.
We plan to listen carefully and to act swiftly on additional ideas with the power to create positive change.
We will continue to observe, measure, evaluate and re-evaluate to ensure that we are a more diverse and inclusive company today than we were yesterday and that we can point to now as the moment in time we seized the opportunity to be part of this change.