How to Be Green at LLamaCon
LLamasoft is taking steps to reduce the carbon footprint of our annual user conference, LLamaCon. Here are ways you can contribute to a “greener” supply chain event!
Lessen the Carbon Footprint of Your Travel
We did a little research about sustainable travel and compiled some of the best ideas to be more eco-friendly in your LLamaCon travels.
- Travel by land: Train, car, and bus rides emit a significantly less amount of carbon emissions as opposed to air travel. Additionally, walking and biking whenever possible is a great way to support the environment. Luckily, the event is located in Downtown Chicago which is favorable for pedestrians!
- Pack light: The more your luggage weighs, the more resources it takes to transport your items. Browse Pinterest for packing tips and enjoy the lighter load during your travels.
- Eat local: We’ve got your meals covered during the conference, but if you are arriving early or extending your stay – consider finding locally sourced or farm-to-table restaurants in Downtown Chicago. These types of restaurants prepare meals with food requiring less delivery mileage, and often have their own sustainability initiatives of their own. While you are at it, you can order a vegetarian meal as vegetarians tend to emit 84% less CO2 per day compared to heavy meat eaters.
- Ask for no straws: Throughout your travels, request no straws with your beverage to cut down on one-time use plastics.
Educate Yourself about Sustainable Supply Chains
LLamasoft is committed to enabling our customers to operate supply chains with environmental responsibility. That is why we are hosting a Sustainability Roundtable at LLamaCon to encourage our customers to share ideas on ways they can positively impact lives and save capital by reducing delivery miles and waste.
Don’t wait for LLamaCon to start learning about sustainable supply chains. Read up on LLamasoft’s take on sustainability in these articles:
- Balancing supply chain sustainability with profitability by Don Brenchley
- Profitability or Sustainability? It Doesn’t Have to be a Choice by Dr. Madhav Durbha
- Sustainability: The Missing Link a research report by LLamasoft and the Economist Intelligence Unit
- How Long Will it Take Companies to Break Even After Purchasing an Electric Vehicle? by Bhanu Potluri
Simply Attend LLamaCon
LLamaCon attendees who are looking to have a positive impact on the environment with more sustainable supply chains will appreciate our efforts to make LLamaCon a sustainable event. Here are some of the steps we are taking to cut down on our carbon footprint:
- There will be no plastic water bottles at the event
- All utensils will be reusable
- The hotel we selected has their own set of sustainability initiatives
- We are eliminating printed agendas and hosting all the event information on our mobile app!
We can’t wait to see you at LLamaCon, and we wish you green travels!