Your top priority is to ensure material and people are in the right place at the right time. However, the best route isn’t always the safest, and cost has become an increasingly important factor as fuel prices fluctuate and budget pressures mount. LLamasoft enables federal operations to create a digital twin of your end-to-end supply chain, where you can experiment with new ideas in a risk-free environment, identify opportunities for cost savings, and empower people to rapidly put them into action.
Smarter, faster supply chain decision-making
- Reduce Costs – Choose the optimal location for supply depots without adding lead time
- Evaluate Scenarios – Analyze and compare end-to-end supply chain trade-offs for Course of Action (COA) analysis
- Ensure Availability – Identify inventory and stocking strategies
- Optimize Logistics – Analyze simulate options to choose the best routes for transporting material and people
- Mitigate Risks – Create alternate options and execution plans for changing conditions on the ground
LLamasoft Provides Support to the United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM)
LLamasoft currently has several people working full time under an ongoing contract with USTRANSCOM out of the Joint Distribution Process Analysis Center (JDPAC) at Scott AFB in Illinois. LLamasoft works with USTRANSCOM logistics professionals to solve transportation and logistics problems using LLamasoft tools. They also provide subject matter expertise on using operations research, optimization and simulation technology, and commercial best practices to solve a variety of defense problems.
LLamasoft solutions for military and defense
- Optimize transport – Identify the best routes, assets, and mode to get people and supplies from here to there
- Network decisions – Assess current network’s ability to meet changing needs. If additional supply depots are called for, greenfield analysis can help you determine the most effective locations
- Risk mitigation – Assess cost and efficacy of alternate routes using different modes of transportation and logistics providers
- Asset utilization – Assess the need for additional assets and deploy for the greatest impact