Optimization, Demand and Supply and Inventory Planning
Optimization and Demand, Supply and Inventory Planning
Optimiza supply chain planning software is used by companies world-wide to maximize service levels, increase customer loyalty and protect margins. They do this by aligning demand and supply processes and building, managing and executing a dynamic, agile and responsive demand and replenishment plan. Formalizing the demand and inventory management processes includes defining KPIs and alerts for up-to-the-moment visibility.
Forecast accuracy can yield a greater return on a company’s financials than any other planning activity. Organizations need forecasts to help with financial and budget planning, incentive management, procurement planning, warehouse sizing, or production planning.
- Dynamic multi-level forecasting by product, geographic and channel hierarchies.
- Promotions management including “in promotion” forecasting tuning.
- Product life cycle management: phase in and phase out.
- Demand switching between sources, brands or channels.
- Forecast accuracy highlighting the most significant win to the business.
Inventory optimization plays a pivotal role in “supply/demand balancing”. Unlike traditional inventory re-ordering systems, Optimiza builds a business-specific inventory model that takes into account the unique supply, demand and flow characteristics of each product.
- Scientifically determine what inventory is needed to achieve service levels, given the existing flows and anticipated supply and demand fluctuations.
- Calculate and maintain the optimal safety stock and replenishment orders.
- Project future investment, procurement and warehousing requirements for their business.
Busy inventory planners have little time to validate supplier information or monitor and prioritize existing orders. The direct result is that orders are placed based on what may be an over or underestimated lead time and potential issues are only identified after the fact. Variations between suppliers’ actual lead times and expected lead times have a negative impact on supply reliability and create a domino effect on the warehouse, store shelves and profit margins. Fundamental to the success of the last mile is the replenishment order calculation which requires input from cross-functional and multi- geography demand planning processes, finance, and procurement as well as inventory policies.
Performance metrics can be generated to review orders as they progress through the cycle including:
- Factory confirms and makes orders
- Orders are consolidated at docks
- Orders leave docks
- Orders arrive and leave local port
- Orders arrive at warehouse
Optimiza Planning Software Enables:
PROCESS MANAGEMENT AND OUTPUT CONTROL
Ensures constant and rigorous adherence to processes and tight control and auditability of changes.
A CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT FRAMEWORK
Provides customizable KPIs to improve performance and help monitor that changes are geared towards better performance over time.
DATA CONTROL AND INTEGRITY
Enables a connection with any data source using all media types from ASCII Flat Files to EDI to Direct Database Data Transfer. Ensures the automation and monitoring of data updates.
FULLY INTEGRATED VISIBILITY LAYER
Allows organizations to easily build customizable dashboards and reports accessible via shortcuts from the user workbenches.
Multiple users can share and model suggested changes and compare scenarios before live implementation.
What Our Customers Are Saying
“Not only does [LLamasoft] integrate network optimization and vehicle route optimization, but it will also simplify our data input and output analysis, enabling us to quickly identify opportunities for freight savings in our supply chain.”